802.1x

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Wed Jul 23 03:40:31 PDT 2003

On 23/07, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:

| AFAIK , 802.1x will only do auth and do any equivalent of VPN
| if you need to crypt the transmission of the data and not only auth
| then you need to do something else like PPTP , IPSEC etc...

That's exactly (the "auth" part) what I want to do. I already use IPSEC
in tunnel mode, but I'd prefer separate authentication and crypto (the
former goes between the mobile device and the access point while the
latter is between the mobile device and the service being accessed).

| I also would someone to make include open802.1x in the port tree
| I have not seen it in there so far

Did anyone test it with FreeBSD?

  Sam