mismatching vinum configurations

Joan Picanyol i Puig joan at iaeste-catalunya.upc.es
Tue Jul 22 02:17:27 PDT 2003

En/na Greg 'groggy' Lehey ha escrit:
>>What's the less traumatic way to recover the data?
> I've never tried this, but a thing you could do is:
>
>  vinum -> setdaemon 4	     (turn off config updates)
>  vinum -> read /dev/ad0s1d   (or another drive with valid config)
>  vinum -> start
This (followed by two reboots) has worked. The reason I didn't think it
was ok is that I got a wired output from 'vinum list' (wrong number of
drives, *invalid* still there), how is it suposed to be useful if is not
a faithful report of vinum's state? Is there another way to get the same
information?

tks
--
pica