wanting to pkg_add KDE/Gnome post-install

Torben Brosten torben at kappacorp.com
Wed Jul 16 15:15:13 PDT 2003

My error was in using pkg_add -r to load a port.  Apparently, pkg_add loads
compiled versions only (right?). Anyway, I should have been cd'ing to the
particular port, then 'make install clean'.

Since I had previously followed the handbook regarding the makeworld/kernel
process to take a 4-6-release disk to 4-stable (currently 4-8-stable), all the
sources were loaded and the ports were previously installed. This made the
package/port loading fairly quick.

Thanks to Joshua Lokken for pointing out my procedural error.

cheers,

Torben