NEC 1300A DVD-R writing

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Jul 5 12:39:29 PDT 2003

Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> so I just bought a NEC 1300A, primarily, because it allows me to write DVD+
> and -RW. Using DVD-R discs (and currently no options to try other media, due
> to shops being closed), I'm unable to write anything, using either the
> dvd+rwtools port, or the dvdrtools.

Did you format the DVD media before trying to burn data to it, or use the -Z
option?  From "man growisofs":

        Virgin  DVD+RW  media needs to be formatted, using dvd+rw-format, prior
        recording  with  growisofs.  dvd+rw-format  can   also   be   used   to
        blank/switch  between  DVD-RW  media  modes  (Restricted  Overwrite vs.
        Sequential).

--
-Chuck