Error mounting filesystems with mount command

Steve Ansell topper at dev-zero.com
Wed Jul 2 17:07:54 PDT 2003

Hi,

Built a new world, everything went fine, except now it will not mount
file systems on boot.

4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Wed Jul  2 02:21:55 BST 2003

On further investigation the mount command gives this error:

mount: getmntinfo: Unknown error: 0

I have searched through the mail lists and other sources to find an answer, at
first I thought it might have been a new kernel option I had missed, but cannot
find anything.

Am I missing something? Is anyone else experiencing this?

As a temp workaround I'm booting the system into single user mode and mounting
the file systems manually, although goto edit out a line in /etc/rc otherwise
when you type exit it still falls over.

Thanks for you time,

Steve.