4.9R bug fix ?

Matt matt at xtaz.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 01:34:04 PDT 2003

Oldach, Helge said:

> But unfortunately it breaks code that parses the output of netstat and
> relies on a fixed format, for instance phpsysinfo. I would suggest to
> re-work the patch and turn "vlan10" into "vla10" to maintain the existing
> format.

Although phpsysinfo is broken on freebsd 5.x already. It's network
counters don't work and show odd values (at least on the last version I
tried which was about 2 months ago). I do not have any 4.x boxes to check
but I assume that the netstat output is different already between these
two.

Matt.

--
email: matt at xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.