Hardcoded krb reference in ports/postfix

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-stable at webteckies.org
Tue Jul 1 10:31:39 PDT 2003

On Monday 30 June 2003 15:50, Vivek Khera wrote:

> MS> AFAIK - my /usr/lib/libkrb.a stems from the 4.2-RELEASE cd install I
> started MS> this comp with (it's dated Nov 2000) and thus hasn't been
> updated since and
>
> Then delete the file.  If it exists, it is assumed you use kerberos in
> the current 4.x releases.  It doesn't exist otherwise.

You removed a very relevant piece from my original mail:
"Since sysutils/libchk doesn't report this as unreferenced ... "

I don't use kerberos, but that apparently doesn't mean, there aren't libraries
still linked with it. Maybe, when I have time on my hands, I'll sort out the
4.2 legacy stuff or even re-install my machine, but in the meanwhile, a knob
is very welcome.

> Patches to alter the bahavior are welcome, if you don't agree with
> this.

The solution provided by Scot Hetzel looks very reasonable.

I kept the logic and applied the right actions for the postfix Makefile.inc.
It's attached as patch, but I can do a send-pr if you prefer.

--
Melvyn