uname weirdness after kernel/OS update

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Mon Dec 29 12:10:12 PST 2003

	The following is my most recent email message to someone who was
helping me with a very odd uname issue.  I hope that this reporting of the
"final" events (oh-god-pleaselet-this-be-done-and-over-with) helps someone
else some day.  The offer that I make at the end of my message is genuine.
If a FreeBSD expert (Greg?  *nudge*) wants the /boot files, they can have
them.

							Jaime