ucom0: init failed, IOERROR

pcasidy at casidy.com pcasidy at casidy.com
Fri Dec 12 11:02:41 PST 2003

[Feel free to point me to another mailing list if more appropriate]

Hi!

I am trying (as others tried to) to connect a Sony Clié (PEG-SJ33) using
uvisor.

I built a 4.9-Stable kernel adding the following modules:
# USB com devices
device          ucom
device          uplcom
device          uvscom
device          uvisor
device          uftdi

I have actived USB_DEBUG and get the following trace when trying the
hotsync:

ucom0: Sony Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Sony Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
uvisor_init: getting connection info
ucom0: Number of ports: 2
ucom0: port 1, is for Generic
ucom0: port 2, is for HotSync
uvisor_init: getting available bytes
ucom0: init failed, IOERROR
uvisor_attach: ATTACH ERROR
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6
usbd_transfer_cb: short transfer 2<9
uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=SHORT_XFER
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I do not know the protocol and I am trying to understand what happen but
if someone could explain me what is wrong, that'd be more than welcomed
;)

Thanks a lot.

Phil.