4.9-PRERELEASE PAE panics Highpoint Raid module (hpt374.ko) (was: Re: Ok, are all the panics fixed now? )

Andrew Atrens atrens at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Aug 29 10:10:10 PDT 2003

The subject says it all.

I preload the module, and during boot I see a panic when it attempts to
initialise.  100% reproducible. The panic seems to happen in
pmap_kthread... (mumble) ... I got this from a ddb 'trace' command.

During normal operations I see that it has installed itself as some kind
of kernel thread - don't know the precise terminology for this, but ps
ax says -

    0  ??  DLs    0:00.00  (swapper)
    1  ??  ILs    0:00.08 /sbin/init --
    2  ??  DL     0:00.00  (usb0)
    3  ??  DL     0:00.00  (usbtask)
    4  ??  DL     0:04.56  (usb1)
    5  ??  DL     0:00.00  (pagedaemon)
    6  ??  DL     0:00.00  (vmdaemon)
    7  ??  DL     0:00.00  (bufdaemon)
    8  ??  DL     0:00.01  (vnlru)
    9  ??  DL     0:00.19  (syncer)
   10  ??  DL     0:00.00  (hpt374)

Without PAE the Highpoint driver is rock solid.

Cheers,

Andrew.