-security and -stable rebooting every 24hr since Aug 11th

Andrew Stuart elitetek at tekrealm.net
Thu Aug 28 17:04:41 PDT 2003

I have what was a -security box now running -stable that seems to be
rebooting exactly every 24hrs give or take a few minutes (guessing from
disk checks) this started on Aug11th which was after I upgraded to a
newer -security for one of the patches.

I am aware of the PAE issues going on which is why I tried going up to
-stable, as I have seen the messages saying 'fixed'. I am not sure if
this is the cause still/at all, or if it is something else going on.

*I* have not done any hardware tests as the system was running stable
for a few months prior to this, and I have never seen hardware crash
that accuratly.

The system is locked down pretty tight, I dont think it has been
comprimised but I am open to suggestions.

I dont think it is a single task that is scheduled that is causing it
either, all crontabs are empty, and if I turn the server off for a few
hours it will shutdown/reboot 24hrs from that point.

Let me know if there is any more info anyone needs, as this one has me
stumped.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net

Brooke's Law:
	Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool
discovers something which either abolishes the system or expands it
beyond recognition.