Need to build some systems this week. Snapshots?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Wed Aug 27 23:38:44 PDT 2003

1I need to build up some systems this week, but it appears that neither the US
"releng4" server nor the Japanese snapshot server has snapshots of -STABLE
with all of the most recently reported glitches fixed. (The Japanese server
seems to be indicating, via log messages in its FTP directories, that it has
run out of disk space for builds.) I can't get through to
daemon.jp.freebsd.org, which normally holds builds of the latest release with
security patches, at all.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE isn't due out until the end of next month. What's the best
way to install a relatively stable build of FreeBSD, with all known security
issues fixed, in the interim? I'd very much NOT like to do a CVS update and
rebuild the world on these machines, as hard drive space and time available
for installation will be limited.

--Brett Glass