Ok, are all the panics fixed now?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Wed Aug 27 02:31:16 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:33:36PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 02:14 AM 27/08/2003 +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
>
> >No such luck. It takes a bit longer before panics are triggered now,
> >but I still get them.
> >With your patch to back out the PAE stuff completely I did not get any
> >panics, but without that patch but with Luoqi's patch I still get
> >panics.
>
> Are you sure you have everything as it should be in your src tree ?

Quite sure.

> perhaps
> rm -R /usr/obj
> mv /usr/src /usr/src.prev
> and then re cvsup.  The changes are in RELENG_4 now so no patching is
> required.  Perhaps you are running into a different bug, but the panics I
> have been seeing are gone.

That doesn't prove much.
One of my machines stopped panicking after upgrading to an Aug. 19
kernel, while my other machine kept getting them, so just because you
don't get any panics doesn't mean the bug isn't there anymore. It just
means the bug isn't triggered.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson