Radeon 7500 w/ DRI locking on restart of X

Dave Bradshaw dave_bradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 15:19:25 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I have been experiencing this problem for a few months and thought is
was related to me upgrading to Gnome2, i.e. when I go to logout out
sometimes the screen just goes black, I am unable to login into the box
from another machine on the network, I am unable to sometimes to power
cycle the machine and end up having to power off the box by pulling out
the power cord.  Other times on login out the login screen is displayed,
put parts of it are missing, i.e. the options available.  Also when
logging in I occasionally get xsession-errors that returns me to the
login screen, this repeats itself a few times until I get in.

Further to Eric's request here is the output from dmesg | grep -i drm

drm0: <ATI Radeon QW 7500 (AGP)> port 0xc000-0xc0ff mem
0xed000000-0xed00ffff,0xe0000000-0xe7ffffff irq 11 at device 5.0 on pci1
info: [drm] AGP at 0xe8000000 64MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.1.1 20010405 on minor 0

My XF86Config file has only these lines relating to dri (lines have been
removed to keep this email smallish)

Section "Module"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "drm"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "ati"
        VendorName  "ATI"
        BoardName   "Radeon 7500"
        BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
        Option      "AGPMode" "4"
        Option      "DRI"
EndSection

If you want me to test anything, then let me know.

Regards,

	Dave.