PAE removal patch for testing

Mike Harding mvh at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 25 09:59:19 PDT 2003

Did the update to UPDATING get committed?

- Mike H.

   Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:05:07 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Mike Silbersack <silby at silby.com>
   Cc: stable at freebsd.org
   Cc: re at freebsd.org
   Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org

   On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Erik Trulsson wrote:

   > I have had problems with weird panics on post-PAE RELENG_4 kernels, on
   > machines that previously had been rock stable (so hardware problems are
   > unlikely.)
   >
   > Your patch does appear to restore stability for me. (I would have to
   > run the systems for another week or two to be certain they are stable
   > now, but so far it looks very good.)
   >
   > --
   > <Insert your favourite quote here.>
   > Erik Trulsson

   That's good to hear.  From Mike's post a little while after yours, I get
   the impression that Luoqi's hot on the trail of whatever bug crept in, so
   hopefully all will be well in a short while.

   In the meantime, I think it would probably best for people to avoid
   cvsuping to -stable until the all clear has been given.  (Or cvsupping and
   applying the pae-backout patch.)

   I just updated UPDATING with a note to this effect, hopefully we'll be
   able to remove it very soon.

   Mike "Silby" Silbersack