PAE removal patch for testing

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sat Aug 23 07:31:05 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:09:41AM -0500, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> If you're one of the people who has cvsup'd to 4.8-stable since August 8th
> and you've since begun to experience panics on a previously stable system,
> please apply the attached patch and see if your previous stability has
> been restored.
>
> Please tell me your results.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

I have had problems with weird panics on post-PAE RELENG_4 kernels, on
machines that previously had been rock stable (so hardware problems are
unlikely.)

Your patch does appear to restore stability for me. (I would have to
run the systems for another week or two to be certain they are stable
now, but so far it looks very good.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson