umass0 problems, with Sony USB Memory Stick

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-stable at webteckies.org
Fri Aug 22 13:02:53 PDT 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 21:49, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:

> > > umass0: Sony USB Memory Stick Slot, rev 1.10/1.80, addr 2
> > > umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
> > > umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
> > > umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
> >
> > So you were able to get it working by adding "options DA_OLD_QUIRKS"?
>
> I didn't test that and currently can't access it.

"PS": I'm not even entirely sure, that these devices fall into that category.
As you see above, it reports as "Sony USB Memory Stick Slot". In the comments
I see some productnumbers mentioned as well, but I remember I could not match
these to anything mentioned on the computer itself.

Is there a command available, that would show me the string that da_scsi.c is
looking for?
If I make a call, I could probably arrange to have access to that laptop, this
weekend if you're interested.

--
Melvyn
FreeBSD ghost.lan.webteckies.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #4: Mon Aug 18