Error code 1 during 'make install'(FreeBSD 4.6.2)

sysadmin sysadmin at snv.jussieu.fr
Wed Aug 20 08:12:49 PDT 2003

Hello,

When doing "make install" under any port, I get *** Error code 1 after the
"Checking if *** already installed" (see below for help2man as an example).
This error seems to occur with any port, such as apg
(/usr/ports/security/apg). The tarball are fetched from Internet.

I think this is due to the difference of version : CVS has RELENG_4_6_2 and
'make install' fetch (I believe) the latest version of the port.

What could I do ?

Thank you.

***************
#make install
Installing for help2man-1.29
Generating temporary patching list
Checking if misc/help2man already installed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/help2man

*default tag=RELENG_4_6_2_RELEASE
*default host=cvsup.fr.FreeBSD.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
src-all
distrib
doc-all
ports-all tag=.