Strange things going on with 4.8

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Aug 16 14:30:20 PDT 2003

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Don Lewis <truckman at FreeBSD.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
>
> On 11 Aug, Robert Gray wrote:
> > Until I hear otherwise, I'll continue to spend extra
> > for the redundant, error-checking memories.
>
> Me too, but I've found there is a distinct lack of ECC capable
> motherboards for the newer versions of the AMD Athlon XP.

OK. Are yo aware of ANY Athlon XP (Socket A) mobo that supports ECC
PC2700 or PC3200 memory with a 333 or 400 MHz FSB? I have been looking
and have found ZIP! I find if hard to believe that there is not enough
market, but I am starting to wonder.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)