bin/55346: /bin/sh eats memory and CPU infinitely

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Fri Aug 15 19:13:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> I think I've found a memory leak in /bin/sh.
> There is a case when dowait() and does frees resources of
> completed job correctly. Here is a patch:

Your idea has some merit but your patch does not conform to normal style.

> -#if JOBS
>  					if (done)
> -						deljob(jp);
> -#endif
> +					    freejob(jp);

You should not remove the ifdef and change the indentation of deljob. Just
s/del/free and be done with it :-)  I highly doubt anyone needs to disable
job control in sh, but in the off chance they do, you might as well keep
the ifdef around.

Note that freejob calls deljob.