umass0 problems, with Sony USB Memory Stick

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-stable at webteckies.org
Thu Aug 14 15:25:07 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm installing a laptop for a friend of mine, and while most things work, the
Sony memory stick does not.

With respect to the HEADS UP of August 7th, I've also re-enabled the 2 Sony
memory sticks quirks, in sys/cam/scsi/da_scsi.c.
The symptoms also apply to 4.8-RELEASE:
umass0: Sony USB Memory Stick Slot, rev 1.10/1.80, addr 2
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT

This is a Sony Vaio laptop, of which I can't get the exact typenumber right
now, but will be able to get that tommorow.

--
Melvyn
FreeBSD ghost.lan.webteckies.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #2: Sat Aug  2