MODE_SENSE_BIG

Amber amber at arziz.uptel.net
Tue Aug 12 16:59:51 PDT 2003

Hello Matthew,

Amber wrote:

>> Hello freebsd-stable,
>>
>>   I've got FreeBSD 4.8R and CD-RW Asus CRW-4824a (master, ata1)
>>
>>   but when boot process:
>>
>>   acd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG command timeout - resetting
>>   ata1: resetting .. done
>>
>>   It repeats 15 times, then all ok boot
>>   But I can't use acd0
>>
>>   Alexander Potapenko

>Had the same problem. Put the CD-RW on ata1 slave and boot again.

>I forget why this problem exists...

>ttam|matt

I've tried - same result
Thanks for your support

May be my motherboard on chipset Via (ASUS Cuple-VM, chipset Via
Ple133)? 'Cause, when I had ASUS TX-97E on chipset Intel 430TX - OK!!!
When I began to use ASUS Cuple-VM I replaced CD-ROM Creative IDE (very
good work on ASUS TX97-E) on NEC SCSI (work ok on ASUS Cuple-Vm). Bad
driver ata for chipset Via. In Windows it works fine. May be drivers
from Via work very good.

Alexander Potapenko

--
Best regards,