-STABLE broken?

Kevin Bockman neoninternet at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 14:10:22 PDT 2003

Hi. My bad, but I have not been tracking the -stable
list and I just updated -stable on a production
machine.

It seemed to work just wonderful, as normal, for about
10 minutes then it started to deny connections and
when you run commands, it would just hang.  I have
done a reboot and fsck everything.  It is up now but
things are still strange.  Here's the output.  I just
updated -stable at like 11AM pacific time (3 hours ago
as of now)

Some things still are hanging, I can only do basic
utilities.  uname is not working, pine does not
work...

vmstat:
 procs      memory      page                    disks
   faults      cpu
 r b w     avm    fre  flt  re  pi  po  fr  sr ad0 da0
  in   sy  cs us sy id
 0 5 0   81404 930588   52   0   1   0  29   0   0   0
 343  524 115  1  1 98

top:
last pid:   431;  load averages:  0.00,  0.00,  0.00
                   up 0+00:28:49  14:09:31
107 processes: 1 running, 106 sleeping
CPU states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,
0.0% interrupt,  100% idle
Mem: 62M Active, 18M Inact, 33M Wired, 40K Cache, 17M
Buf, 891M Free
Swap: 2048M Total, 2048M Free

Notice all of the faults on vmstat and all of the
processes are sleeping.

I'm trying a cvsup again but I think something was
borken.  Any ideas?

Thanks.