2 Questions

Warner Joseph Joseph.Warner at siemens.com
Fri Aug 8 11:50:58 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Freddie Cash [mailto:fcash at sd73.bc.ca]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 11:21 AM
To: Warner Joseph
Cc: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: 2 Questions

On August 8, 2003 09:55 am, you wrote:
> Understood.  How long do you think the 4.x series will be supported?

>There's a 4.9 scheduled for release later this year / early next year.
>4-STABLE will be around until 5.x is deemed ready for everyday,
>production use and a 5-STABLE branch is created.  This is tentatively
>scheduled for 5.2, but may be pushed back to 5.3 is need be.  Thus,
>there might be a 4.10 and possibly even a 4.11.

Really?  Wow!  For some reason I wasn't thinking it would continue
on that far.

>There's a nifty timetable of releases available in the Release
>Engineering section of the FreeBSD website.  Have a gander through that
>for more info.

This is VERY helpful information, thanks for your courteous response/s.

Joe

--
Freddie Cash				District HelpDesk / Network Admin
fcash at sd73.bc.ca			helpdesk at sd73.bc.ca
					(250) 374-0679 ext. 219

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice at smed.com.  Thank you