stable libmilter leaks kqueue descriptors?

othermark atkin901 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 11:09:05 PDT 2003

I'm glad I'm not 'seeing' things.  If you have a good enough idea
of where the leakage is occuring, could you file a PR against -STABLE?
I'd like to see this fixed soon.  I'm not even sure that the pr I
referenced is the exact problem, but seems likely.

In article <20030808133657.GA42855 at curry.mchp.siemens.de>,
Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> I have a self-written milter app. Today I upgraded to the recent
> -STABLE and now it eats KQUEUE filedscriptors like crazy. I tried
> to MFC the fix in lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kqueue.c but I always
> get complaints about multiple definition of `_kqueue':
>
> building shared library libc_r.so.4
> kqueue.So: In function `_kqueue':
> kqueue.So(.text+0x14): multiple definition of `_kqueue'
> uthread_kqueue.So(.text+0x0): first defined here
> *** Error code 1
>
> Seems it conflicts with /usr/obj/lib/libc_r/kqueue.S
> which is generated everytime from scratch during the build.
>
> I assume that I have to add kqueue.o to HIDDEN_SYSCALLS
> but I am not sure if this is correct and what it will break :-)

---
Mark
atkin901 at NOSPAM yahoo dot com
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);