More mount_smbfs

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Wed Aug 6 15:48:11 PDT 2003

Brandon Fosdick <brandon.h.fosdick at lmco.com> probably said:
> I can get everything to work expect for the password part. With this in
> /etc/fstab
>
> //bfosdick at 129.197.36.34/net-11 /sp/net-11      smbfs   rw      0      0
>
> and this in /etc/nsmb.conf
>
> [129.197.36.34]
> addr=129.197.36.34
> workgroup=acct01
> password=<secret>
>
> If I do 'mount /sp/net-11' it asks me for my password instead of looking
> in the config file.

With this in /etc/fstab;

//pir at rock/pir/ /mount/point smbfs rw,noauto,nodev,nosuid,-N,-I=rock.domain 0 0

and this in /etc/nsmb.conf;

[ROCK:PIR]
password=<secret>

it works fine for me. I use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/smbfs.sh to do the
actual mounting which might not be needed anymore.

The thing in the square brackets should be the server name and username.

P.

pir                pir-sig at pir.net                 pir-sig at net.tufts.edu