FreeBSD not-so-stable

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Wed Aug 6 08:49:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, William L Stube II wrote:

> Took another 6 days for the machine to start freaking out, so here is
> the slightly edited ps -auxl

'K, right off the bat, it looks like a whack of processes stuck in
inode ... something that plagued me alot until recently ... are you using
unionfs or nullfs in any way on these machines?  In my case, I was using
unionfs *and* nullfs ... as soon as I stop'd using nullfs (replaced it
with nfs), the problems appear to have disappeared ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org