Forensics CD Toolkit for FreeBSD

Joe Warner rootman22 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 08:20:36 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'd like to build a toolkit CD specifically for conducting
forensics on FreeBSD.  I'm not talking about a bootable
CD but rather one that I could pop into a CD ROM drive
and run trusted commands like ps, netstat, ls, etc., from.

I'd like to build a CD that would work on -RELEASE versions
of FreeBSD like 5.1 and -STABLE versions of FreeBSD too.

Can anyone give me any pointers about how I might accomplish
this?

I've spent hours searching Google and only found a few links about
a guy named Joe Magee who was trying to do the same thing but
couldn't find his email addy.  I searched the FreeBSD archives but
get:

None of the archives you requested (freebsd-questions, freebsd-security and
freebsd-stable) are available at this time.

Please try again later, or return to the search page and select a different
archive.

Thanks

Joe