IPv6 Resolver (or: Slow rendering of Webpages using Konqueror)

Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. bsder at allcaps.org
Wed Apr 30 18:02:08 PDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003 Mark.Andrews at isc.org wrote:

> 	Good.  You are a direct customer of DoubleClick.  Go complain
> 	to DoubleClick and your consumer advocate body that they
> 	are selling a defective product.

A response lacking concrete substance, scathing wit, or urbane styling--an
altogether poor showing on alt.flame ...

Oh, wait, this is freebsd-stable ...

I have issues which somewhat match those symptoms.  On FreeBSD 4.8,
Mozilla will occasionally get "stuck" for a couple minutes (the first time
I hit dilbert.com in a day seems to be a fairly reliable culprit).  After
that, it seems to run fine for an hour or so, at which point it will get
stuck on some random site again.  Wait a couple minutes, then it will be
fine again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Creating a local caching nameserver seems to help, but doesn't remove the
problem.

Since I haven't been able to reliably localize the symptoms to either
Mozilla or FreeBSD, I haven't filed a bug report.  My guess is that it's
actually an interaction between both.

While this information doesn't necessarily help the original poster, it
hopefully points out that people not associated with doubleclick may also
be having issues.

-a