Random hangs with Lava Quattro-PCI serial board (puc/sio driver)

Ari Suutari ari at suutari.iki.fi
Fri Apr 25 00:27:38 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have several machines running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and 4.5-STABLE which
have Quattro-PCI serial board installed. All of those machines suffer
from random hangs from time to time and I have been unable to
figure out why. Machines are standard Compaq EVO desktop PCs.

I started suspecting that the problem might be the Quattro-PCI serial
board from lavalink when another our project had such card installed
on Windows NT server and it started to hang in similar way.

A quick search on google shows that there has been a problem
related to these cards in NetBSD
(see http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=10974),
could anyone familiar with puc/sio driver the look at it and
tell if it is relevat to FreeBSD also ?

Or is this hardware just bad and I should replace it with
something else ?

        Ari S.