ATA tag queuing broken...

ian j hart ianjhart at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 24 11:25:37 PDT 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 6:41 am, Sean Chittenden wrote:
> Alright, well it's apparently no surprise to folks that ATA tag queuing
> is broken at the moment.  Are there any objections to me adding a few
> cautious words to ata(4) and tuning(7) that advise _against_ the use
> of ata tag queuing given that they're likely the fastest way to reboot
> a -STABLE box?
>
> Here's a PR that I tacked a tad bit of info into:
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/42563
>
> -sc

That's news to me, works just fine here (4.8-R).

What do you mean by "at the moment"? That pr is six months old.

Did you check the list first? I sent another "works for me" less than a month
ago. (Thread: Status of ATA tagging in Stable Kevin Oberman 20030329)

I note that the pr originator also has the *known to be broken* DTLA drives.

--
ian j hart

Quoth the raven, bite me!
	Salem Saberhagen (Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace)