maintainer of the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT file??

Erik Ranà erikrana at hem.passagen.se
Wed Apr 23 16:31:09 PDT 2003

Im not shure who maintains the LINT file that resides in
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT
Or should i do a cvs commit by my self?
Im not so familiar with cvs..So anyone that can tip me how to do it
please do if iam supposed to do it?

# uname -a
FreeBSD <hostname> 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Thu Apr 17
03:52:52 CEST 2003     erikrana@<hostname.tld>
:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/fw_48  i386

Anyway in the LINT file there are some text about the vr(4) driver.

> # The `vr' device provides support for various fast ethernet adapters
> # based on the VIA Technologies VT3043 `Rhine I' and VT86C100A `Rhine II'
> # chips, including the D-Link DFE530TX (see 'rl' for DFE530TX+), the
> Hawking # Technologies PN102TX, and the AOpen/Acer ALN-320.

I think this text should reflect that it also supports the
VT86C105/VT86C105M ``Rhine III'' since it does that and it also says so
in the hardware notes on the www.freebsd.org website.

I got rather confused when i first read the hardware notes and saw that
it is supported and then when i was reading through the LINT found that
it was not mentioned. But i could verify by reading in the if_vr.c file
that the support was not missed

/Erik Ranà
"The one with the most one's and zero's when he dies wins" =)