FreeBSD NVIDIA Drivers does not work with a GeForce4 MX 440

Phil Kernick Phil at Kernick.org
Wed Apr 23 16:07:21 PDT 2003

I had the same problem.  This thing that resolved it was turning on the
"Enable an IRQ for VGA" BIOS setting.

Phil.

Aurelien Nephtali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a GeForce4 MX 440 and a fresh 4.8-STABLE system. I have installed
> the
> NVIDIA drivers from the ports, everything went well but when the
> 'nvidia.ko'
> kernel module is loaded I got this message:
>
> nvidia0: <GeForce4 MX 440> mem
> 0xdda80000-0xddafffff,0xd0000000-0xd7ffffff,0xde0
> 00000-0xdeffffff irq 0 at device 0.0 on pci1
> pci_cfgintr: can't route an interrupt to 1:0 INTA
> nvidia0: Interrupt handler setup failed.
> device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 22
>
> I have tested my card under 4.7-STABLE, 4.8-STABLE and CURRENT and it is
> always
> the same message, what is wrong ? :/
>
> Thanks.

    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: Phil at Kernick.org
   /     \  ROTFL Enterprises                 Mobile:  041 61 ROTFL
   \_.-*_/
        v   Humourist, satirist, and probably a few more 'ists to boot!