Installing FreeBSD-Stable and Upgrading to FreeBSD-Stable

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Mon Apr 21 11:11:29 PDT 2003

On 2003.04.21 10:09:01 -0700, Anton Zavrin wrote:
> What actually stopped me from using handbook is this:
> # make -x -DVARIABLE target
>
> As always I was following step-by-step instructions (good learning
> process ;-) ) and the above command didn't work at all, the reason being
> is that there is no "-x' switch in make command, at least in the "make"
> I have.

It does not say that there is. It says :

[CUT]
The general format of the command line you will type is as follows:

# make -x -DVARIABLE target

In this example, -x is an option that you would pass to make(1). See the
make(1) manual page for an example of the options you can pass.
[CUT]

It think it is rather clear that -x is just an example... ?

--
Simon L. Nielsen