Broken buildworld in groff, 4.8-stable?

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 20 00:33:58 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 02:27, Anton Zavrin wrote:
> cd /usr/obj
> chflags -R noschg *

Not necessary.  No flagged files under /usr/obj at that stage.

> rm -rf *

Done, many times.

> and clean this up too:
> cd /usr/src/sys/modules/linux
> make cleandir

And, per Andy's advice, several make cleandir's in /usr/src.

I've also done a few more cvsups, and re-built cvsup itself, so that I'm
now running the "h" revision.

A possible clue: cvsup has not detected or made ANY changes since
saturday.  Usually there are a few commits per day.  I recognise that
many folk might be on holidays at the moment, but perhaps that's an
indication that there's something wrong with my /usr/src archive?

I've tried cvsupping against cvsup3.au.freebsd.org, cvsup.au.freebsd.org
and cvsup.freebsd.org, all with the same (null) result.

I've even changed my mount structure, so that my big vinum striped
partition that was /usr_plus is now union mounted over /usr, so that all
paths have their canonical names.

The build still breaks in groff, specifically in the mkdep, with all of
the headers in /usr/src/contrib/groff/src/include declared missing.

Any more clues?

--
Andrew Reilly <areilly at bigpond.net.au>