openssl and threads

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Sat Apr 19 12:14:31 PDT 2003

Hi Folks

I have been working on a threaded ftp client and am able to reproduceably
cause an assertion failure within openssl.  I am able to trigger it on
both my 4.6.2-p13 and 4.8 machines.  Looking into it deeper its
being cause by openssl not being compiled with the -DOPENSSL_THREADS
(0.9.7a) or -DPTHREAD (0.9.6i) CFLAG.

Is there any reason we dont have this particular define added in
src/secure/lib/libcrypto/Makefile.inc?  This file hasnt been
touched since 2001/07/04 according to the cvs tag.  It would seem other
CFLAGs maybe missing as well, if you compare a freshly download and
./configured openssl.

thanks
Jim