USB2.0/Firewire Enclosure

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Apr 16 23:40:47 PDT 2003

I (work :) bought a USB2.0/Firewire enclosure and I had a little trouble with
it until I came across this page
http://people.freebsd.org/~maho/USB/comment/ku350a.txt after trying the
sysctl things work well.

I haven't tried the USB2.0 side of it, as I don't have any USB2.0 controllers.
The Firewire bit works great too (quite a bit faster than USB1 :)

The enclosure in question is made by Mapower (just a cheapy).

I am wondering if there is a way to add a quirk to the USB or SCSI code to
tell it that this device is brain damaged?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5