Problem logging in after upgrade to 4.8-Stable

Doug Silver dsilver at urchin.com
Tue Apr 15 11:26:18 PDT 2003

I upgraded two 4.7 machines yesterday to 4.8-stable and now normal users can't
login (both at the console and ssh).  Root logs in okay.  I created a new
user and that works.  However, the first server I upgraded to 4.8 hasn't had
the same problems.  I changed my personal password as root on one of the
problem servers and then I was able to login.  Did something change in the
password algorithm to cause this to happen or is it something else?

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

-Doug