outdated timezone info

Garrett Wollman wollman at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Apr 15 09:22:44 PDT 2003

In article <20030415105637.GC43442 at happy-idiot-talk.infracaninophi> you write:

>What a bizarre place to find timezone info.  I can't see why the
>National Institutes of Health should have an interest in such a thing.

What business is it of yours?  As it turns out, NIH is in fact the
source of the canonical timezone database.

>Anyhow, the best way to proceed is to submit a PR using send-pr(1) and
>attaching diffs against the zoneinfo sources in /usr/src/share/zoneinfo.

At which point I would close the PR and ask the submitter to contact
the appropriate authorities (tz at elsie.nci.nih.gov).

In this particular case, I suspect that the change is already
reflected in the database, but I haven't had time since the last
update to import it into FreeBSD.  I will try to remember to do so
some time this week.

-GAWollman