Gnome port acting weird?

Michael Sig Birkmose birkmose at cs.auc.dk
Mon Apr 14 05:31:55 PDT 2003

Hi!

Today I tried installing gnome2 using ports on a fresh FreeBSD 4.8 box.

After some time the build existed with some error in the gstreamer-plugins
port (something ala "Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.")
I had just cvsuped before typing make so I dont think that was the problem?
Anyhow I ended up deleting the /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins
folder and cvs uping again, getting a fresh folder. Then I make install'ed
this port and afterwards make install'ed the gnome2 port again - this time
with no prob.

So more or less what I did was:
(cvsup stuff)
cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
make install clean
(error)
rm -rf /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins
(cvsup stuff)
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
make install clean

and then it worked.