4.8-STABLE Kernel Panic with dummynet options.

Eric L Howard elh at outreachnetworks.com
Tue Apr 8 10:37:46 PDT 2003

At a certain time, now past [Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:27:18PM +0200], Johan Christiansen spake thusly:
> I first met this problem when our (60 students) internetgateway refused to
> boot its new kernel, it was a 4.7-RELEASE. Then i loaded the old kernel and
> went home to check if my 4.8-STABLE does likewise. And the answer was yes!
> Both kernels were GENERIC + these options taken from the dummynet man pages:
>
> options         DUMMYNET
> options         NMBCLUSTERS
> options         HZ

My first thought is to ask whether

options       IPFIREWALL

is in your kernel config file [since not explicitly stated] ?

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m