4.8R and $FreeBSD$ version tag expansion

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Apr 4 17:04:04 PST 2003

Reference:

"David A. Gobeille" wrote:
> I noticed that there were quite a few files with version ids of
> '$FreeBSD$' when I ran mergemaster after an install of 4.8R.  This isn't

I read tags were reworked.  Prob. you'r working from old sources,
& It'll rectify if you wait a day & then { refresh your CVS
tree & re-export src/ } or { if src/ from a .iso, check your MD5,
& refetch from local mirror if old }, then remake.

PS I told re@ some hours back that there's no
  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/4.8/CHECKSUM.MD5
they looked: there is CHECKSUM.MD5 on ftp-master, but it's not made
it over yet - the servers are very busy: waiting seems best solution :-)

Julian Stacey       Freelance Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !   Schnupftabak probieren.