Recompiling QT for nvidia drivers

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Apr 2 21:43:35 PST 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:14, Jean-Daniel wrote:
> Hi everyone, recently I was told on this mailing list that to avoid the
> kde/nvidia bug when closing apps I had to recompile qt with the OPENGL=NO
> option.
>
> I was wondering if there was maybe a little hwoto somewhere on how to do
> that? I mean, all the apps that depend on QT, all the Kde stuff I'll also
> have to recompile to get a working KDE, the arguments to pass to each new
> make install, etc...  Or if someone could just give me a few directions, it
> would be greatly apprecitated.  (running FreeBSD 4.8 btw)

I haven't had to do this..
I have run the nVidia drivers and Qt/KDE on -stable and -current machines with
no crashes.

Interestingly I had to disable AGP on some machines, but the common factor
there was that they both had TNT2 video cards.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5