PCI range checking under qemu-system-sparc64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 20:57:53 UTC 2015

On 17/11/15 16:44, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi
>
> so at this point it's just hanging, right? You can break into the
> debugger, but that's it?

Well it traps into the debugger by itself, but the debugger seems
operable so it should be easy enough for someone with a bit of kernel
knowledge to add some strategic breakpoints to an unstripped kernel at
figure out at what point it starts to go wrong...

> What do I do to get freebsd-head sparc64 to this point myself? :)

I've just pushed the branch to https://github.com/mcayland/qemu.git
(branch freebsd-sparc64) if you're interested to take a look. I normally
cross-build a -CURRENT ISO with debug enabled and then boot QEMU with
the ISO like this:

./qemu-system-sparc64 -cdrom freebsd.iso -boot d -nographic

ATB,

Mark.