Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Nov 14 17:54:34 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:15:56AM -0600, Elizabeth Myers wrote:
> If that constitutes "project resources," then I suppose you are
> instructing people, "go spend your time doing something more productive?"

In the principle of fairness, let me play devil's advocate for a moment.

 - it does take some time for re@ to release and test sparc64 images.

 - having sparc64 in 'make universe' does require developers to spend
   more time regression-testing their (non-sparc64) changes.

OTOH once an architecture is removed from 'make universe' it's effectively
dead, as bitrot sets in instantly.

mcl