Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Wed Nov 11 23:55:12 UTC 2015

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 08:17:32PM +0000, Craig Butler wrote:
>
>> Just to raise something else as well, port maintainers seem hesitant
>> to push sparc64 fixes in.
>>

> They don't have an effective way to test them.  All they can test for
> is the no-regression case on the hardware they have access to.

I could (in theory - I have a metric shed load - well actually a 1966
build garage full - of everything from sparcstation 2's to E4500, Netras
and v2xx servers though being sparc32 and sparc64 and no new stuff it
would be relatively pointless putting more than one or 2 servers up)
setup a redports like service to build ports - but there is the other
issue of actually testing they work... if successfully built..

Regards,

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/