[HEADSUP]: trunk clang selfhosts in c++11

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 30 18:51:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

Just a quick headsup - llvm as of r200453 is capable of building
libcxxrt/libc++/itself.

This is a significant milestone as trunk llvm is not compilable by
our old gcc/g++. Ie. selfhosting is the only way forward.

Once llvm 3.4 is imported, the sparc64 backend will be added. Then
I plan to merge all the necessary changes to enable the selfhost
to work in base FreeBSD system. I'll announce when this is achieved.

This should pave the way for future updates of llvm on sparc64.

I also think that a selfhosting compiler is good enough for wider
testing, so go for it :)

Thanks, Roman