disk block failing on root disk on sun blade 1000

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed May 29 13:57:14 UTC 2013

As Riccardo Veraldi wrote:

> unfortunately I found out the internal sun blade 1000 disks are all
> FC - AL disks :)

Ouch, I forgot about that detail.  Haven't seen a Blade 1000 for many
years now.

Don't know whether it makes sense for you to order from Pollin;
they've got super cheap FC-AL disks right now, probably from some EMC²
disk arrays being junked:

http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MjcxODkyOTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Hardware/Festplatten_SSD/Fibre_Channel_Festplatte_146_GB.html

I don't know about their shipping costs to Italy though.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/