zfs booting feedback

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Thu Jul 12 04:48:41 UTC 2012

On Jul 11, 2012, at 23:59 , Kurt Lidl wrote:
>>  I'm looking forward to experimenting with FreeBSD sparc64, and zfs.
>> I'm a zfs newbie.  :-)
>
> I put the iso I built, along with a checksum file for it, and the script
> that I used for installing all the bit here:
>
> 	http://www.pix.net/ftp/pub/freebsd/
>
> You might want to fiddle with the size of the ZFS partition that the
> script creates.  I have Sun "18GB" drives, so I just told it use 12GB
> as ZFS, and the rest as swap.

  Thanks.  I read that there was an issue with freebsd swap vs. ZFS swap
for FreeBSD dumping.  Looking at your script, it looks like you're using the
"freebsd-swap" which will allow for crash dumps.  But, not being familiar
with gmirror and what you've done with "gswap", I just wanted to confirm.

  I'll give it a go tomorrow!  Thanks much...

               - Chris