sparc64 hang with zfs v28

Michael Moll kvedulv at kvedulv.de
Wed Mar 23 23:24:13 UTC 2011

Hi All,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 08:11:17PM +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:

> Uhm, looks like r219089 changed some xcopy{in,out}() into
> ddi_copy{in,out}(), i.e. copy{in,out}() into bcopy(), which
> is just wrong for copying in data in from/out to userspace.
> However, looking at the other uses of ddi_copy{in,out}() it
> generally seems that ddi_copy{in,out}() should be defined to
> copy{in,out}(). With the attached patch at least my simple
> test cases works again.

That looks good, I will test more tomorrow but when netbooting I can
import a zpool now. The only thing is that when upgrading the kernel and
using the old world it still hangs:
http://space.kvedulv.de/zfs_v28/at.txt

zfs_ioctl_compat_post() is probably the problematic function.

Regards
--
Michael Moll